Diffstat (limited to 'drivers/firewire/Kconfig')
1 files changed, 19 insertions, 31 deletions
diff --git a/drivers/firewire/Kconfig b/drivers/firewire/Kconfig
index fe9e768cfbc..25bdc2dd9ce 100644
@@ -1,5 +1,3 @@
-# -*- shell-script -*-
comment "An alternative FireWire stack is available with EXPERIMENTAL=y"
depends on EXPERIMENTAL=n
@@ -21,27 +19,7 @@ config FIREWIRE
You should only build ONE of the stacks, unless you REALLY know what
- you are doing. If you install both, you should configure them only as
- modules rather than link them statically, and you should blacklist one
- of the concurrent low-level drivers in /etc/modprobe.conf. Add either
- blacklist firewire-ohci
- blacklist ohci1394
- there depending on which driver you DON'T want to have auto-loaded.
- You can optionally do the same with the other IEEE 1394/ FireWire
- If you have an old modprobe which doesn't implement the blacklist
- directive, use either
- install firewire-ohci /bin/true
- install ohci1394 /bin/true
- and so on, depending on which modules you DON't want to have
+ you are doing.
tristate "Support for OHCI FireWire host controllers"
@@ -57,8 +35,24 @@ config FIREWIRE_OHCI
- If you also build ohci1394 of the classic stack, blacklist either
- ohci1394 or firewire-ohci to let hotplug load only the desired driver.
+ You should only build ohci1394 or firewire-ohci, but not both.
+ If you nevertheless want to install both, you should configure them
+ only as modules and blacklist the driver(s) which you don't want to
+ have auto-loaded. Add either
+ blacklist firewire-ohci
+ blacklist ohci1394
+ blacklist video1394
+ blacklist dv1394
+ to /etc/modprobe.conf or /etc/modprobe.d/* and update modprobe.conf
+ depending on your distribution. The latter two modules should be
+ blacklisted together with ohci1394 because they depend on ohci1394.
+ If you have an old modprobe which doesn't implement the blacklist
+ directive, use "install modulename /bin/true" for the modules to be
tristate "Support for storage devices (SBP-2 protocol driver)"
@@ -75,9 +69,3 @@ config FIREWIRE_SBP2
You should also enable support for disks, CD-ROMs, etc. in the SCSI
- If you also build sbp2 of the classic stack, blacklist either sbp2
- or firewire-sbp2 to let hotplug load only the desired driver.